Varakavank - The monastery of Varag or Varak is also known as Yedi Kilise, seven churches in Turkish. In 1915, no village existed around the monastery. Today, the existing village is known as Bakraçlı. The monastery dates from the 7th century and is considered one of the most important in the region. Sp. Asdvadzadzin is the primary church remaining, but also Sp. Sion, Sp. Kevork, Sp. Nshan and the altar of Sp. Sophia. The destruction of this monastery has been continuous since the genocide. Sp. Hovhannes had still remained in the 1960's but now is completely gone. The photographs were taken in 2013.