Sp. Hagop of Mazgerd - Prior to the genocide, Mazgerd, now called Mazgirt, was a predominately Armenian populated town. In 1914, it was estimated that there were 1200 Armenians in 150 households with two churches and the ruins of several monasteries nearby. The church of Sp. Hagop is thought to have been built prior to the 17th century, possibly on the site of an early church. The photographs were taken in June 2015.