Sp. Sarkis of Diyarbekir - Diyarbekir, now called Diyarbakır, has often been referred to as Dikranagerd by Armenians, but that was a more recent 19th century misnomer. Diyarbekir is not the site of Dikranagerd, but instead was known as Amida by Armenians or Amed by Kurds. In 1518, following the Ottoman conquest, the largest Armenian church, Sp. Teotoros, was confiscated and turned into the Kurşunlu mosque, also referred to as the Fatih Paşa mosque. Sp. Sarkis was originally much smaller, but, after numerous restorations and expansions, had grown to five altars and the status of cathedral. In 1915 it was destroyed and today only the outer walls remain, very similar to the condition of Sp. Giragos of Diyarbekir prior to its renovation in 2011. The photographs were taken in May 2013.