Sp. Krikor Lusavorich of Palu - the old town of Palu is now mostly abandoned. The Eastern Euphrates river (Aradzani river to Armenians or Murad river today) surrounded the old town of Palu on three sides with the mountain of Mesrob rising above where legend claims Saint Mesrob Mashdots received the vision of the Armenian alphabet. Up until the massacres of 1895, there were 4 functioning Armenian churches in Palu. After the massacre, 2 churches were damaged to the point of abandonment. Sp. Krikor Lusavorich church was the sole continuously functioning church up to the genocide. There have been recent news accounts of a desire to restore the church by government officials in the area. The photographs were taken in May 2013.