Sp. Garabed vank of Yergan - The village of Yergan, now known as Geçimli, had been reduced to only 30 Armenians in 5 households by 1914. The monastery in the village has been known by numerous names, Sp. Garabedivank, Asdvadzamayrivank, Garmirvank. The exact date of the founding of the monastery is unknown, possibly as early as the 10th century, but a major restoration was undertaken in the 15th century. By the 19th century, the monastery was in ruins. Prior to the 1930's, the Turkish government had sought to destroy what had remained of the monastery, but local villagers resisted as they viewed it as an important pilgrimage site. The structure which remains today is the church of Sp. Haroutiun. The photographs were taken in June 2015.